'Nautilus' is a wide stable safari style riverboat with a hardtop roof and open sides allowing great views of the river and surrounding country. The vessel comfortably seats up to 30 passengers in a casual cafe style arrangment allowing plenty of room undercover or on the foredeck for taking in the beauty of what is arguably one of Australia's most famous rivers. Boarding the vessel involves two steps up onto the foredeck and two steps down to the seated area amidships.
- 'Nautilus' complies with National Standards for Commercial Vessels and Marine Orders (current AMSA regulations).
- 'Nautilus' is an 11.00 m shallow draft river boat.
- 'Nautilus' is surveyed for 36 passengers + 2 crew.
- 'Nautilus' is fitted with 6 handmade tables and 30 stable aluminium navy chairs all of which is easily removable if needed.
- 'Nautilus' is fitted with safety rails all round.
- The vessel is equipped with a toilet.
- 'Nautilus' has a full compliment of safety equipment on board - coastal level 150N lifejackets for all the passengers and crew as well as free floating carly floats accommodating 40 guests.
- The vessel carries scale G first aid kit on board at all times.
- The boat is fitted with port, starboard and bow spotlights for use after dark for a unique night time experience.
- 'Nautilus' is fitted with unobtrusive internal strip lighting.
- Passengers are loaded from Cooktown Boat Ramp via a step that accommodates guests with limited mobility.